1. Consider leaving New York just a teeny tiny bit.
2. Get really excited about the potential of living outside of New York.
3. Get really scared of leaving New York.
4. Start an online project about the pros and cons of leaving New York with a friend, so you feel like less of a freak.
5. Decide that the best way to trick yourself into leaving New York is to try out a few places temporarily first.
6. Commit to leaving NYC around November 1st!
7. GULP. Make a habit of waking up at 3am wondering what the hell you're getting yourself into...
8. Buy a car! Because apparently that's how the rest of the world gets from place to place.
9. Start feeling really, really fed up with New York.
10. Realize you are finally at peace with the idea of leaving.
11. Start packing!
Ok, so maybe #12 is a bit of a stretch... but you never know! The gist of our plan is to travel around the country for the next year or so, trying out some different locations. Here are the places we're curious about:
• Asheville, NC
• Austin, TX
• Boulder, CO
• Portland, OR
• Northern CA
• Madison, WI
• Nashville, TN
• Little Rock, AR
• Puerto Rico
I'm really looking forward to having this site during our trip, and will be blogging about the experience. If you know anyone looking for a house sitter, we would greatly appreciate any connections you might have. You can send me a message, or forward this link to anyone you think might be able to use our house/pet sitting services: http://annaandjustin.weebly.com/
In the meantime, we still have a couple months to freak out about logistics, and I'll do my best to write about the preparation process along the way!